Friday, November 11

The Missing Friday Photo - Halloween

I completely forgot to post a Friday Photo last week for some reason. Blaine and I went on a date that night and were completely exhausted when we got home (even though our big night out was just to the Dollar Tree, dinner, and dessert at Rembrandt's; apparently we're getting old), so I guess it just slipped my mind. I was going to post it on another day, but then it wouldn't be a Friday Photo so I thought I'd just wait and do two this week.

Probably another reason I forgot to post the pictures last week is because they weren't incredibly exciting. I had every intention of making a Halloween costume for Brock this year (he was going to be a sack of potatoes) and maybe taking him to a Trunk or Treat or doing something with his cousins, but the time got away from me and I never got around to buying the supplies for the costume. I didn't want to go spend twenty bucks on some last minute costume from Walmart that would probably be awful because all the good ones had already been picked over, and I really didn't see the point anyway because it's not like Brock would be eating the candy and I definitely didn't need it myself (since I'm still carrying around some extra unwanted pregnancy weight). Sooo, we just put him in a little Halloween onesie my sister bought him and hung out at the house, giving candy to all the kids who have good, selfless, fun moms that took them Trick-or-Treating. I admit that I did feel slightly guilty after it was over, but only for a minute because then I thought of the 10 years (at least) ahead of me that I won't be able to get away with skipping Halloween. Anyway, here are some pictures of what we did on Halloween night.

First, we spent some time playing with the "new to us" Leap Frog activity table

This is his (slightly large) Halloween outfit. It even glows in the dark, so that should get me some points, right?




































Then we spent some time outside watching for Trick-or-Treaters and waiting for Grandaddy Vandy to come visit us

Then Brock tried to eat the porch furniture and got mad when we wouldn't let him, so we went back inside
That wasn't too bad of a way to spend the evening. I should've just not taken any pictures at all, and Brock would never even know what we did for his first Halloween; I could've made up all kinds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment