Tuesday, January 3

Resolution Twenty-Twelve

I like saying "Twenty-twelve" instead of "Two thousand and twelve". It sounds more sci-fi, space agey. (Although the more I look at the number Twenty, the more it seems like it's spelled wrong??) I thought "Resolution Twenty-Twelve" seemed like a fancy, if not slightly pretentious or over-important, title for this blog post in which I plan to discuss my New Year's resolutions for the year 2012. And who doesn't like fancy, pretentious, exaggerations of importance?! So here it goes:
_________________________________

I RESOLVE...
  • To watch less reality television.
    I just love reality tv. I can't help myself. It barely even matters what the show is about. If it's reality, I'm a sucker for it. I think it's because I'm the analytical (translation: nosey, overly judgemental) type and I just love watching real people's personalities interact. But I watch too much of it, and just too much tv in general, so I'm resolving to get rid of some of it (I think I'll already be able to mark one show off the list since this season's bachelor on The Bachelor holds no intrigue whatsoever for me, although that first episode was cuh-rrrazy).
  • To not allow myself to feel a single ounce of bitterness toward my sleeping husband if I have to wake up in the middle of the night for a crying baby.
    Fortunately this doesn't happen too often anymore because Brock has pretty much been sleeping through the night since he was two and a half months old, but there's still the occasional week or series of days when something is going on like teething or sickness and my slumber gets disturbed. In Blaine's defense, he would definitely be willing to take on this task if I woke him and asked him to, but I can't ever bring myself to do it because he always seems so peaceful and slightly dead when he's asleep and he never seems to hear the baby crying himself.
  • To write in my blog posts fewer disjointed sentences in parentheses that make me seem like a schizophrenic with multiple personalities (Although usually the sentences in the parentheses are the "real me" making fun of the "ideal me" so maybe I need to keep the parentheses and get rid of everything else).
  • To lose my pregnancy weight. (I mean, it's only been 10 months since I had a baby... don't rush me!)
  • To stop shuddering in fear/anxiety at the thought of having more babies.
    I really do want more babies. In fact, Blaine and I have talked about having a total of four kids (And Then There Were Six? Yikes!), but I've still got to forget a few more things before I'm ready to have another one. And I'll decide after we have two whether we need to reduce our projected "Number of Kids We Will Have" goal. With each passing month though, it gets easier to imagine having another child (translation: I am no longer getting nauseated and light-headed at the thought), so I guess I'll just give it some time.
___________________________________________

So there they are. My resolutions for the year 2012! I'm just going to go ahead and say I'm glad that no one ever expects you to actually keep these things.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment